The Cross Walk for kids is a 7-week curriculum designed for Grades K-5.
It teaches children the valuable lessons we can learn from Jesus’ words on the Cross, such as forgiveness, trust, caring for God’s family, and finishing the race strong!
The curriculum works alongside The Crucified Life small group study for adults as part of a church-wide campaign, but it also can be used alone.
The Cross Walk children’s curriculum features:
- Weekly Large Group time for engaging Bible lessons and stories (Grades K-5)
- Weekly Small Group time for follow-up activities and crafts (divided by Grades K-1, Grades 2-3, and Grades 4-5) to help the lessons “stick” to little hearts
- Lively, engaging games that tie in to the Bible teachings
- Uplifting worship songs with on-screen graphics downloadable from the website
- Original animated videos of Bible stories narrated by children
- “Cross Walk, All Week” handouts featuring Dinner Table Talk to help families apply the lessons together
There are also several ways you as a Leader can use The Cross Walk curriculum:
- Follow it step-by-step. We’ve written each session carefully, including Leader’s parts, so that you can follow along step-by-step for leading Bible lessons, games, and activities.
- Put lessons in your own words. You may choose to “make it your own” by using your own words to express the teachings in the lessons. If you have questions, ask your pastor to make sure you are keeping the biblical teaching clear.
- Pick and choose from ways to tell stories, games, and activities. If we suggest a drama, you may prefer to tell the story using puppets. Draw on the resources you have available. Use all the games and activities we offer each session or choose just the ones that work best for you. You know best when it comes to the personalities and abilities of the children in your group.
However you implement this curriculum, our prayer, as well as yours, is that the children of your congregation will grow closer to Jesus as they learn how to walk The Cross Walk.
Session 1 – Forgiveness
The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant: God forgives us. We need to forgive others.
Session 2 – Salvation
The Prodigal Son: When I do something wrong, I should run back to God. He is waiting for me to restore me.
Session 3 – Relationship
The Man on the Mat: When we believe in Jesus, God gives us a new family.
Session 4 – Distress
Zacchaeus Meets Jesus: Jesus helps us thirst to do the right thing.
Session 5 – Abandonment
Baby Moses, Hannah, and Elijah: God will never leave me or abandon me.
Session 6 – Reunion
Peter Walks on Water: I can trust God even in difficult times.
Session 7 – Triumph
Jesus’ Victory on the Cross: I want to finish the race God has given me, just as Jesus did.